Brought to you by
Improving Business Acumen to Drive Organizational Success
As organizations become more agile, and the fulfillment of the firm’s strategy becomes more urgent, executives need emerging (and current) leaders to sense and capture new opportunities, and to easily pivot when needed. It’s no longer a viable option for functional management to carry out their work. We can’t count on past methods to re-wire the minds of business people. Today, the cultivation of business acumen is the definitive key to the future.
Business acumen is a portfolio of skills, behaviors, and capabilities needed to support an organization in the achievement of its financial and strategic goals. In this workshop, you’ll be shown how to interpret business acumen so that you can fine-tune your senses to the market where your company operates, the mindset to think strategically, and the hard-core skills that comprise people, processes, products, finance, strategy, and performance.
You’ll be led on a journey toward business acumen excellence that will ignite new ways to think about talent management, and to open the door to the third decade of the 21 st century.
- Understand the building blocks of business acumen using the Business Acumen Canvas.
- Using situational problem solving in an exercise to demonstrate the connections between various dimensions of business acumen, including strategic thinking, collaboration, and decision-making.
- Using a provided template for action planning built around the key pillars of business acumen
- Obtaining a link to an online assessment that can be adopted by participating companies so they can have employees assess their own levels of business acumen, which can be used with their managers to include explicit business acumen skill building in their performance plans.
- All participants receive a copy of The Business Acumen Handbook and The Business Acumen Canvas.